CYON (“Cylinder Online”), the new data-based IOT solution for optimizing production is now getting its first extension module as K Walter launches its CYON Analysis. CYON Analysis is an innovative tool that quickly and easily provides the user with a perfect overview of chemical analyses and the status of the electroplating processes, meaning that manual calculations and the associated potential for errors are now a thing of the past. The user’s work is made much easier, since all the electrolyte parameters are now determined quickly and precisely by the software. The ideal correction values are then derived from these parameters and recommended automatically.
Benefits at a glance
– CYON Analysis can be used both in AutoCON lines and for stand-alone machines.
– Focused analysis management thanks to clear displays and structured procedures.
– Distinction between the electrolyte status and the analysis status creates transparency and defines clear working methods.
– Continuous schedule tracking, since the analysis timings are stipulated and monitored.
– Option of using the K Walter laboratory to determine parameters. Submitted bath samples are analyzed using cutting-edge, fully digitized laboratory technology. As an alternative option, customer bath analysis can also be verified or processed in greater detail. The laboratory has an on-site connection to CYON via a local e-mail server complete with firewall.
– Recommendations for chemical corrections are issued automatically, based on the precisely determined bath parameters. Users therefore receive specific details about how to adjust and optimize the composition of the electrolyte bath to achieve better process stability.
– All analyses are documented in CYON Analysis in a standardized format. The result is a clear analysis history that is optimally displayed in graphics and tables.
– The module’s functions are very clearly organized into three elements: “dashboard”, “data input,” and “electrolyte log data.”
“Dashboard” – everything at a glance, everything under control
Just like the other CYON modules, the analysis module also has a homepage, where all relevant statuses can be seen at a glance. The dashboard first uses a traffic light system to indicate the quality of the electrolyte and the current analysis status of the relevant processes or electroplating units. Messages remind users to perform analyses or prompt them to react to process statuses that are not within the relevant tolerance range.
Once the analysis has been entered, a specific correction recommendation for making chemical adjustments to the bath will be issued, if necessary.
In short, with its overviews and functions, the dashboard offers digitized analysis management.
“Data input” – how the data reaches the module
The analysis result data from the various processes and units can be entered directly in the “data input” screen view. All correction recommendations are then issued automatically, based on the bath volume in question.
One particularly obvious benefit is that analysis value conversions that had to be performed manually in the past are now fully automatic – for example, converting titration results into actual g/L. With CYON Analysis, the titration result is converted into the correct concentration automatically.
“Electrolyte log data” – history of analysis results
This view shows the analysis results for the various processes and electroplating units in chronological order. This also includes units that are operated manually and – if this option is selected – the analyses that are transmitted by the K.Walter laboratory and input automatically.
The electrolyte analyses over the timeline are prepared as a line graph for all electrolyte components and for individual components, complete with their limit values. The analysis data is also summarized in a table.
This article is republished from the Helioscope newsletter of 7 July 2022.