Paktek shows auto folder-gluer inline with Easy Pack at AIP

KS 1600M folder-gluer receives good response post drupa

5
Paktek
Amy Chan with TH Yu, managing directors of Paktek at All in Print China. Photo PSA

Taiwan-based Paktek, a manufacturer of auto folder-gluers, auto flute laminators, and flattening and slicing machines was in full force at the All in Print China exhibition in Shanghai. Paktek has its Chinese plant near Shanghai, which was set up in 2003 and which primarily attends to the Chinese market. Only 20% of its production is exported. Its Taiwanese plant attends to only 5% of local demand and the rest 95% is exported to its various customers around the world.

At AIP, Paktek showed its auto folder-gluer inline with Easy Pack. The auto folder-gluer comes in various sizes ranging from 650 mm to 1100 mm. The machine, which was demonstrated at the stand, came with a maximum working width of 650 mm. Through this machine duplex boards as well as micro-flute boards can be used. Easy Pack, which is optional, can be opted by any customer. Once it is connected to the conveyor, it automatically arranges and compresses the cartons to collect diverse box shapes such as straight line, crash-lock bottom box and 4-corner box, thus saving time and energy for the printer.

At the IndiaCorr Expo, which was held in September in Mumbai, Paktek had displayed its one-piece and multiple-piece KS 1600M folder-gluer, which it also showed at Shanghai. The machine was well received by its customers, according to Amy Chan, managing director at Paktek. “Post drupa 2016, we have received a lot of interest in this machine. Our factories are busy with the deliveries of this machine,” she says.

The Indian market is important for Paktek, according to her. “The Indian market is very big and has a lot of potential for us. We have received very good response at all the exhibitions that we have participated in. TCPL is one of our biggest customers and they continue to support us. We have installed seven machines at TCPL, which includes flute-laminators and folder-gluers. Altogether, we have more than 60 installations in India so far,” Chan concludes.

The impact, resilience, and growth of responsible packaging in a wide region are daily chronicled by Packaging South Asia.

A multi-channel B2B publication and digital platform such as Packaging South Asia is always aware of the prospect of new beginnings and renewal. Its 16-year-old print monthly, based in New Delhi, India has demonstrated its commitment to progress and growth. The Indian and Asian packaging industries have shown resilience in the face of ongoing challenges over the past three years.

As we present our publishing plan for 2023, India’s real GDP growth for the financial year ending 31 March 2023 will reach 6.3%. Packaging industry growth has exceeded GDP growth even when allowing for inflation in the past three years.

The capacity for flexible film manufacturing in India increased by 33% over the past three years. With orders in place, we expect another 33% capacity addition from 2023 to 2025. Capacities in monocartons, corrugation, aseptic liquid packaging, and labels have grown similarly. The numbers are positive for most of the economies in the region – our platform increasingly reaches and influences these.

Even given the disruptions of supply chains, raw material prices, and the challenge of responsible and sustainable packaging, packaging in all its creative forms and purposes has significant headroom to grow in India and Asia. Our context and coverage engulf the entire packaging supply chain – from concept to shelf and further – to waste collection and recycling. We target brand owners, product managers, raw material suppliers, packaging designers and converters, and recyclers.

In an admittedly fragmented and textured terrain, this is the right time to plan your participation and marketing support communication – in our impactful and highly targeted business platform. Tell us what you need. Speak and write to our editorial and advertising teams! For advertisement ads1@ippgroup.in , for editorial info@ippgroup.in and for subscriptions subscription@ippgroup.in

– Naresh Khanna

Subscribe Now

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here