DuPont Cyrel will present the latest technologies and solutions, alongside hundreds of live demonstrations to improve label printing/converting and create new business goals, at Labelexpo Americas 2022, which will take place in Chicago from 13 to 14 September 2022.
“We consider the show a great opportunity to get closer to the label converters and reinforce our solutions for a more sustainable printing in flexo,” Tucker Norton, Cyrel general manager at DuPont, said.
At its Stand, DuPont will focus on high-performing innovative technologies to address label converters’ challenges to achieve their sustainability, productivity, and quality goals.
Cyrel Fast is a thermal platemaking system that consists of a thermal processor and a large variety of photopolymer printing plates for flexible packaging, labels, and other applications.
The system offers superior productivity and performance while helping to reduce processing cost, time, and environmental impact compared to the existing solvent method.
By eliminating the use of solvents, including water, from the platemaking process, the Cyrel system requires no drying time. The plates can be ready for print in under 45 minutes.
The system is an achievement of more than 20 years of continuous evolution and investment into this platform and has resulted in more than 1500 installations globally. And this year, they hit the 200th installation of its latest version, the Fast 2000 TD.
The recently launched Cyrel lightning plates technology received the 2022 FTA Technical Innovation Award.
The new plate family is optimized for UV-LED exposure units to fully use this system’s capabilities. The benefits of the plates include a further optimized match between access time and plate performance while not compromising the print quality.
Solutions for sustainability challenges
Recently, DuPont published the 2022 Sustainability Report that reinforces the company’s sustainability strategy: to help power its transformation as a premier multi-industrial company and to strengthen its portfolio to deliver long-term value creation.
Notable 2021 accomplishments highlighted in the 2022 report include –
* Accelerated and increased innovation value creation potential aligned to the UN Sustainable Development Goals with deepened customer insights and specialized capabilities.
* Reduced Scope 1 & 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 10% vs the previous year and completed Scope 3 inventory, identifying priority value chain reduction opportunities.
* Achieved 15% sourcing of renewable electricity through renewable energy credits and entered into a virtual power purchase agreement with a subsidiary of NextEra Energy Resources. The VPPA project is scheduled to commence operations in 2023 and is expected to deliver the equivalent of approximately 528,000-megawatt hours (MWh) of wind-generated renewable electricity annually to the local grid. This is equivalent to approximately 25% of the company’s total electricity needs today.
* Achieved DE&I performance above benchmarks with 26% gender diversity and 34% ethnic diversity of DuPont senior leaders.
* Delivered strong safety performance in the top 25% of peer companies for Total Recordable Incident performance and Process Safety Tier 1 and 2 incident rates.
*Increased transparency by developing TCFD Index for climate risk assessment and reporting.
* Reduced waste in operations and along the value chain by diverting 1,230 metric tons of material from landfill and upcycling into higher-value applications resulting in a 52% increase over the prior year.
* Committed to investing $20 million in the Local Initiatives Support Corporation’s Black Economic Development Fund to incentivize economic activity and wealth-building opportunities for Black-led businesses.
* Partnered with ‘water.org’ to impact more than 100,000 lives in 2021 and improved drinking water access and quality for more than 5 million people through innovative municipal water treatment projects since 2019.
* Participated in over 450 charitable projects in 29 countries, impacting more than 3.5 million lives since 2020.