Esko has added features such as enhanced test charts, crystal screens for flexo, and white ink optimization for flexible packaging in the newest release of its award-winning Print Control Wizard software. Esko has unveiled its latest generation of the Print Control Wizard 20.0.
“Print Control Wizard was developed in response to industry calls to simplify the implementation of screens and dot gain curves, and we wanted to build on our immediate success with this new version,” said Robert Bruce, RIP & screening product manager with Esko. “That’s why we’ve added integrated color management tools and introduced a new implementation process. For example, while global standards call for three press trials to implement a flexo project, from optimization with single screen testing, through characterization with color management and fingerprint for dot gain, Print Control Wizard 20.0 users can now go straight to fingerprinting. This offers a significant reduction in cost and therefore press time too.”
Released this week, Print Control Wizard 20.0 boasts various features, including:
- Improved test chart layout– the number of press trials required to create screens and curves to implement flexo projects has been reduced from two to one, bringing faster analysis of a new print condition and significant efficiency gains. The wizard now includes a 4-color test chart and allows users to produce fingerprint charts, while a fast scan mode for minimum dot calibration reduces the time spent on each job
- Improvements to wizard-style interface– the new Color Engine Pilot interface not only features a new screens and curves view but also enables users to access all Esko screening assets in one application
- Platemaking wizard– a central storage location for Esko CDI set up. This new tool uses built-in guides to help the user set up their CDI plate imager ensuring optimal performance in the quickest time
- Reporting – new fully-automated and customizable fingerprint reports are now available with just one touch of a button
- New Crystal screens for UV Flexo– using the same process-driven user interface for both flexible packaging and UV Flexo, this brand new module delivers simplified Print Control Wizard functionality and custom screens for UV Flexo, with support for both Pixel+ and non-Pixel+ CDIs
- White Ink optimization for flexible packaging– boosting performance of the most common (and most costly) ink used in flexible packaging. With Print Control Wizard 20.0, the opacity, mottle and weight of white ink is controlled and optimized automatically, improving print quality, enhancing image reproduction and reducing ink consumption costs
Originally released last year, Print Control Wizard was specifically designed to improve the flexo plate making process and flexographic print quality via Crystal Screens. It offers a simplified, standardized approach to take process parameters like ink, printing press, substrate and anilox into consideration for screen and curve creation, outputting a set of Crystal Screens and curves used for plate exposure on a CDI Crystal XPS, resulting in the most optimal flexo print quality.
Print Control Wizard 20.0 is just one of a host of new features and updates Esko has unveiled as part of its integrated software portfolio, Esko Software 20. Available from 22 June 2020 onwards – and free to Esko Software Care Plan customers – the latest software release incorporates solutions such as ArtiosCAD 20, Automation Engine 20, Studio 20 and efficiency-driving updates to Share & Approve.