Manufacturer of blown film extrusion lines since 1961, Macchi has been one of the most important brands in this sector and one of the leading companies in the world, thanks to a constant investment in innovation and research.
On occasion of the next K’2022 show, Macchi will have on display an R-pod Flex line, the latest evolution of the innovative Pod Flex system (Polyolefin dedicated), specifically designed for very high productivity and for the use of ‘secondary’ raw materials (regenerated/recycled).
The 5 layer R-pod Flex line is conceived for sustainable specialty films with reduced thickness, perfect sealing and excellent optical and mechanical properties.
This new technology allows to meet the growing market demand of highly flexible extrusion lines, capable of extruding recycled materials up to 1200 kg/h at 2500 millimeter net width.
The new R-pod Flex line allows extremely rapid job changes and, at the same time, minimizes production wastes. Thanks to the introduction of important developments both from the technological and automation point of view, the line on display will show how simple it is to shift from high-capacity productions for lamination films, to recycled material productions for industrial packaging.
The main innovations introduced with this new concept line are:
- New fully automatic and integrated 6 components batch gravimetric system with active loading control system to reduce time for material changeover and blenders cleaning
- New design and mix of extrusion screws which allows greater flexibility in the processing of different materials and, at the same time, a greater extrusion capacity in 65/80/120/80/65 configuration
- Continuous type screen changer to avoid machine downtime during filter change operation
- New TE556 Coex-flex series extrusion head, specifically designed to manage both polyolefin and regenerated film formulations on the same line
- high efficiency fully automatic and integrated high-flow rate air cooling ring, able to guarantee the perfect recipes repeatability, minimizing set-up times during job changes
- no-contact capacitive film thickness control system
- New take off unit series ST426R with an innovative reduced height design, securing safer operating and maintenance activities and, at the same time, enabling a more rapid response to production change commands
- production fumes exhausting system
- fully motorized gusseting system
- fully automatic, double station, BoPlus winder with axial drive for gap and contact winding in face-to-face configuration, equipped with the new evolution of the Smart Load system for automatic reel handling in the special twin configuration
- bilateral Corona treatment
- annealing stretching unit to grant perfect film planarity
- brand new Macchi IoT line supervision system with integrated OEE monitoring, production breakdown analytics and maintenance prediction functions
Throughout the fair, visitors will be able to view the plant and all its innovations, in production with different film structures on booth 17C20.