At JK Labels, we reopened our Mumbai office on 8 June 2020 with strict adherence to the rules and regulations imposed by the government in light of the Covid-19 pandemic and the ensuing lockdown. Our production plant in Panvel has been running since 20 April and the JK Labels plant has already reached about 50% capacity levels.
It was, of course, imperative to maintain a safe work environment once we restarted office. Every possible precaution which we could think of was taken. We could sense the eagerness in a lot of our employees who understood as much as we did that getting things underway was important. We took several measures so that some of the staff members desirous of resuming work from the office could do so, and at the same time, be sure they are working in a safe environment.
JK Labels‘ view on self-reliance
I am personally optimistic that we will make it through these challenging times. There is a lot of banter about what the government has done or not done. Well, I believe they have done the best they could with the resources they had. We each have our perspective on the stimulus package, but instead of focusing on it, we should be focusing on what we have done as entrepreneurs to negotiate this rough patch. We should be utilizing our time and energy on improving ourselves rather than focusing on the external help we may receive.
Recovering and getting back to the pre-Covid-19 levels of work will take time, but I have immense faith in our JK Labels team, and with everyone’s joint effort, I am sure we will in the next year or so get back to being at our best. Over the next couple of months as business owners, we should work on building an organization that can absorb shocks likes these.
Measures that we have taken while restarting our office on 8th June include –
- Arrangements for staff that were keen on attending but were hesitant to travel daily. We have started tiffin services so that their food requirements are taken care of. We have also purchased mattresses for them to sleep in the office itself.
- We have purchased sodium hypochlorite, potassium permanganate, Dettol, etc. which are effective disinfectants used for cleaning.
- We have purchased cotton masks and distributed a couple to every member at work
- We have placed hand sanitizers and tissue boxes at every corner of the office. We have even given all the members of the office a small sanitizer bottle for their personal use.
- We do a daily check to make sure there is a sufficient quantity of sanitizers, detergents, soaps, disinfectants, cleaning cloths, and tissue papers.